Irvine: Man Injured After Bike Catches Fire During Repairs

11.07.2021 | 2:24 AM | IRVINE – A man was injured after the motorcycle he was repairing caught fire in a garage, early Sunday morning.

The fire broke out in the garage of an attached two-story condominium located in the 100 block of Alberti Aisle around 2:24 AM.

When crews arrived on scene they located smoke and fire showing from the garage after a motorcycle had caught fire.

Firefighters worked to evacuate nearby residents and extinguish the fire, including a subsequent fuel run, in just under 15 minutes.

The quick work prevented the fire from spreading to homes above the garage.

The owner of the motorcycle was treated on scene by firefighter paramedics before being transported to an area hospital for smoke inhalation he sustained while attempting to extinguish the fire.

The blaze is believed to have started while the man was working on repairing his motorcycle.

Miles Madison

Miles started reporting breaking news in 2015 and has been providing high-quality news video and timely reports from the Orange County area ever since. Combining his experience as a seasoned photojournalist, radio operator and sleuth, Miles provides unrivaled multimedia news reports.